As approved by the State Council, the first phase of the 15th meeting of the Conference of the Parties (COP15) to the Convention on Biological Diversity is scheduled to be organized from October 11 to 15, 2021 in Kunming, China in hybrid format.
The theme of COP15 is "Ecological Civilization: Building a Shared Future for All Life on Earth”. It will be comprised of plenary sessions, high-level segment and Ecological Civilization Forum,etc. Parties to the UN Convention on Biological Diversity(CBD), representatives from international organizations and agencies, stakeholders, as well as domestic departments and local governments will be invited to attend and discuss about the new strategy of global biodiversity conversation and building a community with a shared future for mankind.
Media outlets are invited to the conference as well.
October 11-15, 2021
Kunming Dianchi International Convention & Exhibition Center
Address: East Huanhu Road, Guandu District, Kunming City, Yunnan Province
Way of participation
1. Journalists within China can register for onsite participation.
2. Overseas journalists can participate online. Please visit www.cbd.int for detailed registration information.
Registration for onsite participation
Participants joining the conference onsite must register following relevant UN regulation and be reviewed by relevant departments. Each media outlet should designate one liaison person, please submit the scanned registration form for liaison person(Attachment 1)with official seal to the contact person before 12:00 p.m. (UTC+8) September 16 by email, the contact person will reply registration accounts by email. Applicants must go to register on the COP15 host country website (https://cop15-china.com.cn) with their registration accounts. Media Registration will be open from now to 12:00 p.m. (UTC+8) September 22.
1. Transportation and accommodation will be covered by participants themselves.
2. COVID-19 protocol
1) Participants are requested to check body temperature and monitor for any symptoms 14 days before the conference starts. Please go to see a doctor if you have the following symptoms: fever, fatigue, sore throat, cough, diarrhea, vomiting, loss of smell or taste and so on. Individuals who cannot be cleared from the possibility of having infectious diseases will not be allowed to participate the conference.
2) Participants attending onsite should present two “Green code”, one from Information Big Data Itinerary Pass (Xingchengka) App, another from Yunnan Health Code WeChat mini program. Individuals with travelling history to medium and high-risk areas in China as well as overseas within14 days before the conference cannot participate.
3) Participants should provide Negative result report of Nucleic Acid test done within 48 hours prior to the conference.
4) All participants are expected to follow the COVID-19 protocols during the conference: body temperature check at all entrances, wearing medical surgical masks and keeping social distance, and cooperating with COVID prevention and control measures and contingency plans of the conference.
5) Participants are obliged to report any abnormal symptoms to the medical staff on site as soon as possible.
6) Participants are recommended to have full vaccination before the conference.
Matters not covered herein will be communicated through email, text message or phone call.
1. Registration form for liaison person
2. Preliminary Conference Agenda
Organizational Committee for COP15 Preparation
September 14, 2021